Fit Again Sports Therapy Limited is a thriving company providing Sports Therapy and Physiotherapy services from two clinic locations in Cambridge. We are proud to be heavily involved within our two clinic locations with both the Cambridge United Football Club and The Leys School. At The Leys School we help provide the musculo-skeletal medical care for all the students and teams which includes helping provide pitch-side first aid for their sporting fixtures at the weekends. We are looking for a group of motivated individuals who are dedicated to delivering an impeccable pitch-side first aid/trauma management service to the teams throughout the year. Could this be you?
- We help cover fixtures from a variety of sports including; Rugby, Hockey, Netball and Football. These fixtures will be based at The Leys Main School or Latham Road Sports Ground and will be approximately a 2-3 hour commitment.
- We will provide all equipment needed.
- Most matches will be on a Saturday afternoon approximately 1.30pm-4pm.
- Providing exemplary acute management of injuries including life support and correct and effective onward referral where appropriate.
- Emergency pitch side first aid providing the diagnosis and treatment of injuries, early injury advice and management, assisting other medical staff when required, and liaising with coaches and parents regarding the wellbeing of players.
- Advise and educate patients about the acute management of their injury including appropriate head injury advice.
- Valid first aid certificate
- Experience providing pitch-side first aid in a sporting setting
- Membership to an appropriate governing body (e.g. Society of Sports Therapists or Chartered Society of Physiotherapists)
- Valid insurance documentation
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Positive attitude with a desire to always improve as a therapist
- BSc (Hons) or MSc in Sports Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Post graduation experience either in clinical practice or within a sports setting
- Trauma management experience
- Level 4 or 5 first aid qualification
- Therapists will be on a self employed basis and will be paid £65 per session
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please see below for the stages of application.
- Stage 1 – Virtual interview
- Stage 2 – Shadowing in the match
- Stage 3 – Become part of the Fit Again Sports Therapy Team
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions on the role, please contact Richard Luddington, Director of Fit Again Sports Therapy at firstname.lastname@example.org