We are currently recruiting for a full time sandwich year student/(s) for the 2022/23 academic year.
Prior to the COVID-19 restrictions, 10 students have undertaken sandwich year placements with us at F.A.S.T. We prioritise students who choose to complete a year long placement between Level 5 and 6 of their degree programme due to the vast progression which is possible throughout this time. The opportunity allows the student therapists to really develop their knowledge and skills, and to follow longer term management plans through. We are proud of how well our previous student therapists have done upon returning to University and in their careers since.
Roles that previous student therapists with the clinic are currently
- Head of medical in the English Football League
- Clinic Owners both in England and Abroad
- Two current therapists with the Fit Again therapist team
- Higher Education Lecturing posts
- Currently studying for a BSc (Hons) or MSc in Sports Therapy or equivalent
- Student member of the Society of Sports Therapist or equivalent governing body
- Valid insurance documentation
- Valid first aid certificate
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Positive Attitude with a desire to always improve as a therapist
What the placement will involve
1. A variety of observational and hands-on experiences based around the confidence and competency of the successful candidate
2. Opportunities include but are not limited to observational hours in the clinic, working with professional athletes from a multitude of sports, working with teams on a weekly basis, and pitchside first aid for rugby, hockey and netball
3. Close links with several teams including hands-on experiences with Anglia Ruskin Basketball Club, Cambridge United Football Club and the Cambridge University Athletics and Cross Country Teams
4. Monthly CPD presentations
5. A flexible approach to ensure we give student the best platform to develop optimally both clinically and as a person throughout the year
We can sometimes accommodate final year degree students looking for shorter term placement hours. Unfortunately we are not in a position to currently accept students who are studying for their GCSEs, A-Levels or BTEC.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for the stages of application.
- Stage 1 – Virtual interview
- Stage 2 – Face to face interview
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions on the role, please contact Richard Luddington, Director of Fit Again Sports Therapy at email@example.com